ULI’s Mission Statement
The mission of the Urban Land Institute is to provide responsible leadership in the use of land in order to enhance the total environment. ULI’s mission is to provide leadership in the responsible use of land and in creating and sustaining thriving communities worldwide.
We are committed to:
- Bringing together leaders from across the fields of real estate and land use policy to exchange best practices and serve community needs;
- Fostering collaboration within and beyond ULI’s membership through mentoring, dialogue and problem-solving;
- Exploring issues of urbanization, conservation, regeneration, land use, capital formation, and sustainable development;
- Advancing land use policies and design practices that respect the uniqueness of both built and natural environments;
- Sharing knowledge through education, applied research, publishing, and electronic media; and
- Sustaining a diverse global network of local practice and advisory efforts that address current and future challenges.
Brian Whitmer serves as Senior Director of the Metropolitan Area Capital Markets Group in Cushman & Wakefield’s East Rutherford, New Jersey office. Part of a 13-member team, Brian is responsible for managing, underwriting, and marketing investment properties for sale and arranging joint ventures in the suburban markets surrounding New York City. While he handles all asset types, his focus is on multi-family transactions. His clients include pension fund advisors, REITs, and a range of domestic and foreign private investors.
Prior to joining the firm, Brian was an analyst with LaSalle Bank in Chicago, IL, where he rotated through investment banking, real estate and commercial lending teams before focusing primarily on underwriting REIT transactions. During college, he interned with UBS PaineWebber in their Commercial Real Estate Group and RBC Dain Rauscher.